The Watch Stander shall be experienced, proactive, highly motivated and well-organized, as the Watch Stander will represent the DOC and stand watch in support of the Emergency Operations Center’s mission in monitoring the status of DOC infrastructure, reporting incidents, accidents or threats to DOC personnel, mission and infrastructure within or outside of the National Capital Region (NCR) to include Outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS).
The Watch Stander must be able to demonstrate efficiency in performing the following:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Operational knowledge in the use of satellite phones, secure telephone equipment, faxes, Government Emergency Telecommunication Service (GETS) and Wireless Priority Services (WPS).
- The ability to interpret directives, regulations and policies to ensure the execution of plans and the handling of classified information during emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Working knowledge of intelligence data collection, analysis, evaluation, and dissemination procedures and protocols to ensure a coordinated response to emergency situations.
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute
- Must able to utilize the WebEOC System.
- Microsoft Word
- This position requires a minimum of a Secret clearance.
- The position is considered essential. As such, the employee may be required to return to the assigned duty station outside of normal duty hours to provide support to DOC policy makers, particularly during crisis periods.
In order to be a great fit for our culture candidates:
- Need to share our safety-first commitment.
- Need to have the ability to receive communications in an emergent situation 24/7.
- Should have a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
- Must have both a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Should desire to be part of a successful security team.
- Should possess problem solving skills and leadership ability.
- Be punctual.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Our company takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Our company maintains a drug-free workplace. All offers of employment will be contingent on applicant passing a pre-employment drug screen.